I met up with my buddy John for the first time in ages. It was so good to see him and get a proper, uninterrupted catch-up.
He showed me the above, which is a graphic novel (it feels wrong calling it that) which he received for Christmas. It’s called Building Stories and is by the man behind Jimmy Corrigan, Chris Ware. It’s a work that was ten years in the making. It comes in a box and is made up of fourteen pieces, including books that are each differently bound, broadsheets, pamphlets, flip books, boards and posters, all centred around an apartment building in Chicago. This article does a way better job of explaining the intricacies than I ever could, but I think you really have to see it to believe it. The whole thing is so incredibly well thought-out and bafflingly clever.
It looks like the RRP is £30, which, even coming from a stone-broke schmuck like me, seems to be a bargain.
I love stuff like this! Need to get back into graphic novels…
- hikimado likes this
- thefrenchphenom likes this
- philomena-cunk likes this
- walkman-buddha reblogged this from kirstenin
- esmejarrell likes this
- someoneelseago likes this
- awilson reblogged this from kirstenin and added:
- thatweirdo-intheduckieshirt reblogged this from kirstenin
- krysthopher-woods likes this
- kirstenin posted this